In this post I'll run through my top 10 gifts for the coming holiday season. Whether these items are practical or for fun, I'm sure you'll find a couple suitable for your loved ones. You can also view our Holiday Gift Guide for gifts under $25, $50, $100, gifts for her, for the office and for the soldier.
10. Kicking off the list is the ever popular 5.11 Stryke Pants. One of our best selling products the 5.11 Stryke Pants are a staple item for any wardrobe. Perfect for almost any activity - undercover work, security, hiking, outdoors, hunting, casual wear and even golf. What I love about the Stryke Pants is that they are practical. More organisational pockets than you can poke a stick at, Flex-Tac fabric provides two way stretch which makes it comfortable when bending or raising your legs and a fully gusseted crotch which avoids 99% of tears in an unwanted place! Available in 7 colours there is definitely one for every occasion.
9. At number 9 and an absolute steal at only $29.99, I have chosen the Mechanix Wear FastFit Gloves. Again, I like these as they are suitable for many tasks including tactical, fitness and outdoors. Our previous blog, Why Mechanix Wear FastFit Gloves Are Our Most Popular, goes into detail as to why they're at number 9.
8. The Leatherman Wave Black multi-tool sits at number 8. Hands down, Leatherman's most popular multi-tool. The Wave come with 17 different tools - needlenose pliers, regular pliers, hard wire cutters, wire cutters, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, spring action scissors, ruler, can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, diamond coated file, large bit driver, small bit driver and a medium screwdriver. The black Leatherman Wave is available in a MOLLE sheath making it easy to mount on your edc packs.
7. The Tactical Source AUS Fitness Tee Black is our number 7. The Tactical Source AUS Fitness Tee is a lightweight, 65/35 cotton/polyester masterpiece. The tee is slim fitting and provides great mobilty when working out. Perfect for any active individual.
6. Just sitting outside the top 5 the 5.11 Tactical RUSH Delivery Messenger Bag. This bag is a staple with all Tactical Source employees as the organisational side of the bag is unbeatable! At 11” high, 17” long, and 4” deep, the 5.11 Tactical Lima RUSH Delivery Bag offers expanded capacity and fully customisable storage options that allow you to sort your gear effectively and efficiently. The perfect gift for the business tactical person!
5. Looking for full sized tactical lighting in a palm sized package? You can go past our number 5 pick - the 5.11 Tactical TMT PLX Penlight. Available in black and sandstone, the TMT PLX Penlight meshes seamlessly into your every day carry packs. 90 lumens, 4 hour runtime, water resistant contruction tough, ruggedized construction ensures lasting durability, and an integrated clip fastens securely to your shirt or pant pocket. at only $34.90, the 5.11 Tactical TMT PLX Penlight is a great stocking filler!
4. Just missing the top 3 is the Platatac Bullock MkII! The Platatac Bullock MkII bridges the gap between hydration and day packs. Loaded with plenty of customisable features, such as removable shoulder straps, MOLLE on capability and an internal (removable) mesh valuables pocket, this pack is a must have in every soldiers arsenal.
3. At number 3 the Tasmanian Tiger Combat Pack! Ideal for day treks, travelling, outdoors and hunting, the Tasmanian Tiger Combat Pack features, ergonomically padded back with aluminum support elements, ergonomically formed padded shoulder straps, detachable hip fins with zipped pockets, two front pockets with zipped compartments, front and side areas with MOLLE system for optional attachment of additional pouches and more! This pack was used during the 12 Hour Spartan Hurricane Heat - 20kg + weight - and passed with flying colours! Available in black, khaki, coyote and multicam.
2. Narrowly missing the top spot is the Casio G Shock Rangeman GW9400DCJ-10 Deseret Camo. From Master of G, the timepiece that supports adventurers, the Casio G Shock Rangeman GW9400DCJ-10 Deseret Camo is designed for use in some of the harshest environments in the world. Some of the major features of the watch are, automatic adjustment of time settings based on reception of one of six time calibration signals around the globe, button guard cylinder structure, triple sensor: altitude, bearing, barometric pressure/temperature, super illuminator high-brightness LED backlight and carbon fiber insert band. If you're looking to spoil that special someone then this is the item to do it with!
1. Our number one, our best seller, our go to tactical, everyday carry, outdoor and all round go bag is the 5.11 Tactical RUSH 12 Backpack! The RUSH 12 Backpack is a high performance multipurpose backpack which can be used for almost anything. The organisation on this pack is what makes it stand out from the rest and also makes it the perfect travel pack while on interstate business trips (for international trips I usually go the 5.11 Tactical RUSH 24 Backpack). The major feature on this pack is the 16 compartments available which provide a wide range of storage options, each one sized for a specific use. I have used this bag during many adventures, whether travelling, during hunting trips, as a fitness pack or as a day pack and cannot fault it! At a low $124.90 and available in black, sandstone and multicam (multicam $159.90).